Saturday, September 13, 2008

Joburg.

The plane rides were not too bad.   Nothing fantastic but nothing horrible either.  So that is a good thing I guess.  Everything has gone fairly smoothly.  In DC I had to split my one bag into 2 for weight reasons but that’s no big deal and now I have 2 suitcases so I think that’s kinda handy.  I really enjoyed watching the sunset and sunrise on my way to Amsterdam.  I know plane experiences aren’t always the greatest but I can’t help but to feel closer to God when I’m in an airplane.  Your whole perspective changes when you are looking at the clouds from above and seeing the stars.  Oh man! On the plane to Joburg I realized how much I miss the South African sky.  Obviously it is a whole new set of stars when you are in the southern hemisphere and the night sky has always been something I enjoyed on my previous 3 South African trips.  The Africa Centre hotel was awesome and I got 2 hot showers in my 12 hours there.  I slept fairly well except for waking up virtually every hour on the hour but I don’t feel too bad.  I have a slight headache though.  Currently (6:57 AM EST and 12:57 PM here) I am sitting at a very cool café/ restaurant in the Joburg airport.  Oh and I had to pay for excess baggage weight but just for South African air.  Not too expensive no big deal. I have a good deal of time until my flight so I figured I’d type up some of my experiences so far. Plus I don’t know when I will be online again. Ps. The other people in the café are watching rugby. I love it.  And I love accents here. I’ve missed you, Africa.  Ok. I miss you all and next time I update it will be from Swaziland. Get excited!

1 comment:

tim said...

T,
Hope all is well. Thanks for the email. We place 5th in the softball tournament and the Redskins won yesterday. Life is good!!!! Miss you and love you very much.

Dad