Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Camping, Waterfalls, and FUN!

Sleep has not been my friend so much since being here, but that will come after the jet lag subsides. Yesterday (Monday) I woke up around 6 am before the sun. Although it was exhausting... the sunrise was awesome! The sun, first pink, peeked over the mountain and made incredible reflections on the soaking rice fields. As the sun rose it turned from pink to orange to bright yellow. Two of us went on a sunrise bike ride through the village surrounding our campus. We packed, ate lunch (amazing rice stir fry), and left for Doi Inthanon. It's the tallest mountain in Thailand. Up the mountain there are two cheti(s) which are temples built in honor of the king and queen with beautiful gardens (check out facebook for pictures)!!! We've been eating at little roadside places that are just the tastiest ever! Last night was camping which was pretty cold but adventurous in a pine forest. Sleep, once again, was nonexistent. For breakfast I had rice soup with pork (basically tasted like chicken noodle soup only BETTER). After that, we went to WATERFALLS! A lot of gorgeous waterfalls where we adventured and then swam in one! Seriously, BEST EVER! I love this place. We ate lunch on these little stationary bamboo rafts literally over the water. SO COOL! This has been amazing and... it's only DAY 3!

Random Fact: we only use "squatty potties" .......
Random Quote: "there's a big difference between exfoliation and chafing"
Random Story: I slid down a rock/waterfall like a slide... video coming soon to facebook...

2 comments:

Angelina said...

ahhh! it sounds like you're having so much fun!! I like the picturesque description of the sunrise. get some sleep so you dont end up sick like me!
Love you little bird.

Jasmine said...

Ya'll better not be getting sick! And T you definitely need to get some sleep. And I agree with Nina, I love your descriptions; when I read your posts I feel like I'm in Thailand with you (haha I wish!). Too bad I can't see the pics/videos since I won't be on facebook this semester :(