Wednesday, January 26, 2011

lately...

Everyday feels like a week... in a good way though. I'm still at that point where every little thing is an adventure and fun and new. Each has new fun and food and tons of schoolwork too. On Tuesday my friend and I ventured into downtown Chiang Mai using awesome public transportation. Naturally, it was quite eventful. We had to go to the mall to get a camera battery and charger for my camera because silly me left mine in my wall at home... nice. It was an adventure packed day with a lot of laughs, a lot of confusion, and a lot of food. Also, Tuesday night we had a party for our professor's wife who was heading back to the states. Two words: Thai Karaoke... soooo many laughs. Then we lit floating lanterns (like in Tangled) and it was magical. Wednesday (yesterday) 3 of us girls went to a sports day for the Bible colleges in the area. It was great supporting our "team" aka the Lahu people we share a campus with. On the ride back we got to know some of them better and once again... had A LOT of laughs and good jokes. Basically, if we want a Lahu boyfriends... we have our pick. Also, I completed my first paper of the semester. Well, I'm off to pack... today we're going to a Lahu village near Chiang Rai to do surveys for a class project. We'll be gone till Sunday so this will be quite the adventure Hmmm.. I sense some themes here: laugh, adventure, food. Sounds good to me!