Sunday, October 19, 2008

beautiful day

So it’s Sunday. I left off on Thursday night. So Friday I worked at school mostly doing Math (they call it Maths here which sounds like Mats with the African accent.) after school I baked a chocolate cake completely from scratch (even the icing!) I hope you all are very proud of me! :D haha. It was for my friend’s birthday (he just turned 6.) It started storming very badly with tons of thunder, lightning, and a downpour of rain. The power went out so the little birthday celebration was in the dark and so was youth group. Haha. We had oil lanterns and candles and we did songs and games and the TC UK team shared more testimonies. Saturday is technically my day off, but we went into the community to a homestead that has 16 children to deliver food. The poverty is horrendous but God is so much bigger than it. Before we left they sang us a song about Jesus. Awesome. We ran some errands in town and then had a braai (bbq) for dinner with the team. Saturday night was awesome because the team did a “Pretty Pink Princess Party” for the older girls on the farm. We did pedicures and had chocolate fondu with fruit. And then we had a devotional time. It was really good. Sunday… church, errands, church, lunch and that’s where I am now. Everything is going really well. The weather was nasty Friday and Saturday evening and night but today is absolutely beautiful. I feel very happy. I realized some things lately. Like the reason people seem to have more faith here is because they have to. When you don’t know where your next meal will come from or how you can purchase Bibles for the community or when you or a loved one are obviously dying… you must have faith. It’s so encouraging. There is honestly no where better to be than in the center of God’s will. I have always struggled when I feel that people are overspiritualizing things, but I know that in Swaziland… that is not the case. I have grown so much and learned so much. Being addicted to the Word, madly in love with Jesus, and so secure in who the Father has made us to be is such a beautiful place. Lately, my focus has been decisions, plans, calling, will, etc… consequently I was reading through some Proverbs and WAAAHHHBAMMMM! 16:3 jumped off of the page and into my heart. It says’ “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.” Yeah…. Nuff’ said.

No comments: