Thursday, October 16, 2008

lately.

What a week! Whew. So I think I left off on Friday and now it is Thursday again. So Saturday we ran some errands and grocery shopped. I brought KFC back for Banele because he was too sick to go the day before. Julie, Stephanie, Kylie and myself went on a crazy awesome horrible happy adventure. We walked to Hawane Resort (a cool hotel type place with thatched roof chalets) for lunch. When I say walk I mean we trampled through thick brush and scraping bushes and barbed wire and electric fences and mud and a river. It was great fun until I decided to take off running and face-planted in the middle of a gum tree forest. Haha. Only in Africa. We took some trampoline jumping pictures at the resort after lunch. (my favorite!) Saturday night was health promotion for the teenage guys. The nurses did presentations and showed a video on HIV/AIDS and then the boys asked questions. It was very enlightening. Sunday- dos churches. The Teen Challenge UK ladies shared testimonies and sang and it was amazing! I got sick Sunday evening but they prayed for me at a meeting that night and it was gone. Monday- mother’s meeting was once again very informative. I set up the jewelry in the curio shop and made a lovely display. The 6 of us volunteers got to go out for dinner to celebrate and it was delicious. Afterwards we had our weekly meeting which was nice as usual. Tuesday- Jane, Kylie, Nomcebo and I took Banele to his Gogo’s house. She isn’t his real grandmother but she took care of him before he came to the farm. She fosters 18 children. It was one crazy adventure on rocky dirt mountain roads. I thought the Hallelujah Chorus would break out when we hit the tarmac again. God was really protecting us because there was a Mozambiquan Spitting Cobra we stumbled upon we’ll eating our packed lunch outside. Ewww. No harm done though. The trip was good though and meant a lot to all of us. We were able to bless the Gogo and pray over her. Tuesday night was Hawane Cell so we all packed into our living room with the TC UK ladies. I always love that cell group. It is so challenging and encouraging. Wednesday was full of school, errands, and then a braai/ bbq for cell group. Today I went to the women’s center at Eluzitweni with the TC UK team. It was a powerful time of praise and worship, testimonies, and prayer. We also went to the Mbabane Government Hospital which may be the worst and most sad place on the planet. It was awesome to be able to pray for people and children in particular. I blew bubbles and passed out presents and balloons. Tonight I made dinner for the 6 of us volunteer girls because Julie and Steph leave tomorrow. Sad day. I’ll miss them tons. Ok well thanks for reading. Blessings and Love.

No comments: